I found this article entitled:
Tired of the humdrum? Need to get away and relax? I have just the place for you. Costa Rica. Here are 10 terrific reasons to take a Costa Rica vacation.
1. You’ll find great airfares and travel bargains to Costa Rica right now. They did that!
2. There are 780 miles of pristine coastline with hundreds of great Costa Rica beaches. Uncrowded beaches on both the Pacific and Caribbean coasts. Definitely going to see some of this.
3. Like nature? Imagine a tiny little country with more species of butterflies than on the entire African continent and almost as many different species of birds as in the entire continent of Europe. Many of you will recall the picture I have of Paige with that orange butterfly on her head.
4. It boasts a park on its Osa Peninsula which National Geographic calls the most biologically intense place on the planet. In fact, tiny Costa Rica has nearly one-fifth of all the species of plants and animals in the world. Imagine that! Did you get that??? That is amazing!
5. Costa Rica has more than 100 volcanoes, including some that still erupt and others where you can literally walk into. There is even one where on a clear day you will be able see the Pacific and the Atlantic oceans at the same time. We won't be seeing these...I've gone 3 times before and NEVER saw the top.
6. Thousands of Americans travel to Costa Rica for cosmetic surgery, dental, or other medical care because the quality of care is world-class but often only about a one-third of the price in the States.
We will include this in our next visit. :D
7. Some folks come to take Spanish lessons in schools that also teach them how to surf! Or yoga. Or sexy latin dancing. Or all of the above. I won't be able to provide any Spanish lessons...but snorkeling is on the list.
8. How about fantastic weather year-round? If you get too warm, drive a few miles into the lush mountains. Swim in warm waters every day of the year. Beautiful weather!!!
9. Like a good fish story? I do. This will not be the story about the one that got away. Bring your camera or video camera. You will have proof! You can fish every day of the year for an unimaginable variety of fish. The Caribbean is filled with huge tarpon. Sailfish and marlin (I hooked a 450 pound, 13 marlin recently) are common. Not to mention whales and sea turtles. I get sea sick...sorry.
10. Costa Rica is just a short flight away”or take a cruise. Hop on a plane or luxury liner, leave your worries behind and prepare to meet some of the nicest folks anywhere. You will make new friends. Lots of them. Let's see...your flight is only 6 hours, right?
And, for being a good sport, I have your first Spanish lesson as a bonus. Remember the words Pura Vida! It means the great life and you will hear and use it every day. Pura Vida (pronounced...poo-da vee-da) Practice that one now. You have to know it to get off the airplane!
See you soon!!
I'm on the 7 day countdown until they arrive (at 5 am mind you). Good thing I love them! :D